The project facilitator is responsible for coordinating various components of MMA’s Empowering Children and the Media (ECM) programmewhich, with children’s meaningful participation, aim to improve media’s portrayal of children through the respect, protection and promotion of children’s rights in the media.
Key requirements for this position:
- A University degree in one of the following fields: humanities, social sciences, journalism & media studies. Post graduate degree preferable
- A flair for writing and editing and instinct for detail and accuracy
- Experience and interest working with children and the youth
- Interest in children’s rights and the media and commitment to promoting children’s participation and empowerment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Creativity, versatility and ability to easily learn and adapt
- Knowledge of current affairs issues in the media
- Relevant work experience in online content coordination, development and management (e.g. managing websites, online communication tools, social media and databases)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently (and as part of a team)
- Good organisational skills
- A minimum of three years experience in teaching, training or facilitation
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg
This is a three month probationary position with an opportunity for permanent employment.
Should you be interested in applying, please contact George Kalu (email@example.com) or Ayabulela Poro (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 011 788 1278 for more information. Please attach a cover letter and CV with your application. Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Application Closing Date:Tuesday, 19 April 2016.