Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) is a human rights NGO specialising in media monitoring with the goal of advancing a media culture in South Africa that is critical and fair, free, diverse and ethical. If these types of issues speak to you, then read on.
We’re looking for a kickass digital media specialist to help take MMA’s social media communications to the next level.
You should apply, if you:
- Have a suitable marketing/online journalism/digital media qualification
- Can develop and implement creative, tech-savvy campaigns that can bring in wider online audiences for MMA
- Can create mouth-watering online content (including but not limited to videos, graphics and podcasts)
- You want to make the world a better place and want to pursue the realisation of social justice and human rights in South Africa and beyond
- Know the difference between bots, trolls and Canva
- Are able to work in a haphazard, ever-changing environment
- Are able to think fast on your feet, and can respond to unexpected issues accurately and without fuss
- Have a good sense of humour (this will be tested!)
- Can make yourself understood, with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Describe yourself as an energetic self-starter who takes actively takes initiative on any project you are involved in
- Proven experience in this field will be a distinct advantage
Benefits of working for MMA:
- Working with an extraordinarily fun team
- Know that you are doing your bit to change the world
Remuneration will commensurate with relevant experience. Interested applicants can send their CV and a motivational letter with the Title: Digital Media Specialist Application to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 31 December 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted in January 2019. For more information, please call Sarah Findlay on 011 788 1278.